Athens, Greece





Acropolis of Athens... the old architecture was so incredibly beautiful.
The olympics were held here










Cobble stone roads and rolling two suitcases the size of small children was a challenge, although the rooftop glass(s) of wine at dinner helped my luggage dismay pay off. Στην υγειά σας (cheers)! I rolled up to the hostel looking like a American girl with lots of baggage, lesson learned travel light. I should have known. Unfortunately, my man was only there till security check point in the airport, and I had to kiss him goodbye for some time. Excited for my travels to Europe and mi amor to visit me after I settle in. Much unknown to look forward to, I was able to fly away without a tissue box glued to my hand. Arriving in the Hostel fashionably late. I stayed at the “Dioskouros” hostel. If it wasn’t for the Greek manners of the receptionist I would have been sleeping in the streets with the cats. Extra siesta for the gentleman who carried my bags up the stairs. Gardens, and old street balconies were the views from the hostel. For a first hostel experience I would say it isn’t wasn’t quite bad, if you bathe quick.. and don’t mind the leg workout to get to your room. After long travels, all I was craving was a sip of my first Greek coffee (one of which will be many). A little less greenery is asked to be spent on coffee in this place, truly what any coffee snob would dance over. Not such a quiet setting, but impressive by all means. I would say every restaurant was in competition for the best gingham table cloth. So, if you wear gingham you will be lucky enough to fit right in. Vegan here, is going to be a blast! Everything so fresh and empty of preservatives.. I am already in the love with the journey of the many Greek menus I am about to read over. Not even questioning the amount of Greek salads, olives, and grape leaves I am going to consume on this trip, I am most excited about my exploration of shopping in little markets down the white allies and blue doors. I am about to find the ways of natural Greek life. It’s not about the convenience of being vegan... and eating cruelty free. but the fun and journey in a compassionate lifestyle. Headed to dinner at a botanical rooftop candlelit dinner. Wine on the house, and cheers to a semester in Greece. Be cautious of getting tipsy at dinner on the yummy wine for the nightlife doesn’t start till 12am, and no one rushes in this city. Its all about enjoying your conversations, and your time at the moment and place. I know a good combo when I see it.. and in Athens it’s the music, hanging plants, with lighting that can make all the life. Some streets I wondered if it was safe, but traveling in a big group made all the difference. Graffiti is the second writing of the town, for it filled walls and signs in many places.. Athens is the wanna-be of the Greek spots. Just getting use to the time difference will interfere with beauty sleep, and we can’t have that. No no.. not for a beauty queen. Falling asleep at 4am, I managed to wake up for the day of journey to the Acropolis on time. Washing my face in the AM in the middle of a hallway, wasn’t the way I pictured waking up my first morning in Greece, but I know the beautiful island was a day away. Shower quick! Get in and get out.. The surrounding arena at the top of the Acropolis was filled with people from all over the world. Not as long of a walk to the top of the acropolis as I imagined, but defiantly hotter than I was mentally prepared for- and this girl can handle some heat. You can see to far far away lands.. the view is clear and like nothing I had seen before. It made places look the size of a pin drop. I managed to take pictures of the beautiful ancient Erechtheion and Parthenon. Athena was one lucky goddess having such large temples built in her honor. Sleepy as I type this on the ferry to Paros. I would say Athens deserves a quick stay in fancy accommodation to check out the ruins..and then float on to the Greek islands where you can enjoy the beaches and goddesses whispering sweet thoughts in your ear.

The parthenon 


All in all... Greece is a beauty. 



Comments

Popular Posts